When I was little my biggest fear was that come dinner time I would find those little slimy cabbages on the dinner table. Seriously. I absolutely hated the taste, look, and most of all the texture of Brussels sprouts. This had a lot to do with how they were prepared which was usually the frozen microwave steamer kind. Up until about a year ago I avoided Brussels sprouts at all cost. I had no idea that they could be so flavorful and delicious! I think it was Thanksgiving at my aunts house when I tried her roasted variety and fell in love. There were so crispy and salty and I absolutely adored them. This recipe is super simple and straightforward and they can go with everything from pork loin, roasted chicken , and even as a snack (which is what happened to this batch shortly after coming out of the oven)! If you’re serving them as a snack I would suggest some type of garlic aioli or buttermilk ranch dressing as a dipping sauce! Enjoy!
- 20 Brussels Sprouts
- 1.5 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Remove the outer layer of the Brussels sprouts and rinse under cool water, pat dry.
- Cut the sprouts in half length wise and toss with the olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Place on baking sheet and roast for 30-45 minutes or until golden brown.